Bidding Rules - 2020 Columbia County Tax Lien Auction
If you are new to Realauction tax lien auction websites, we recommend you proceed in the following fashion:
- Familiarize yourself with the laws that regulate tax sales in this state. If you are unfamiliar with the statutes governing tax liens in the state of Florida, read the “Tax Certificate Process” document located at the left of the home page. It is a plain English summary of the law which will take only minutes to read.
- Review this County's auction settings. See the Summary of Important Dates and Information below.
Register. As part of the process, you will be prompted to:
- Provide a US Taxpayer ID Number (TIN). Foreign bidders will not be permitted to participate in the sale.
- Complete IRS form W-9. Note: the Tax Collector's office will perform a Tax ID Number match with the IRS. If the TIN match returns an error, you will forfeit your winnings.
- Create a Username and Password.
- Enter your Banking information for electronic processing of both an ACH debit and ACH redemptions.
- Authorize a pre-note for ACH processing (verify the bank account and routing numbers are entered correctly).
Set your Budget.
- Decide how much money you want to invest in tax certificates for this auction. Pick a dollar amount. ($10,000 for example)
- Enter that amount as your budget.
Place your bids. You may bid on as many quality certificates as you like. Your budget will limit how much you can win, no matter how many bids you place. If you are fortunate enough to win all the liens you want (exhausting your budget), your remaining bids are simply ignored.
As each batch closes, you can view the results for that batch by clicking “Results” on the left side menu inside the auction website. Clicking the “Sold To” link on the auction results page will display all the bids on that item along with other useful information. After viewing the results, you have the option to change your bids in any batches that have not yet closed.
Pay for your winnings. The Tax Collector shall provide written or electronic notice when certificates are ready for issuance. Payment must be made within 48 hours after the transmission of the electronic notice or, at the Tax Collector’s discretion, all or a portion of the deposit placed by the bidder may be forfeited.
A person who fails or refuses to pay any bid made by, or on behalf of, such person is not entitled to bid or have any other bid accepted except as authorized by the Tax Collector.
Summary of Important Dates
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||No|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Buy Now|
|0 value bids use proxy system||Yes|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||Yes||$0.00|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||Open All Year|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets begin||07/01/2020 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Bidding begins||07/01/2020 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets end**||
04/09/2021 at 4:00 PM ET
Enter ACH Redemption Information
|Participation Requirements Due Date||04/09/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Registrations end||04/09/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|First batch closes||04/09/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Batch closing interval||NA|
|Last batch closes||04/09/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Auxiliary batch opens (If applicable)||N/A|
|Auxiliary batch closes (If applicable)||N/A|
|Payment due date||04/09/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit or Budget required (% of estimated winnings)||100%|
|Minimum deposit amount||$0.00|
|Registration Fee Refundable||Yes|
|Registration Fee Applied to Winnings||Yes|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemptions available via ACH?||Yes|
|Public computers available||Public Library|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
For an explanation of any of the terms above, please visit the FAQs.
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.